Posts Tagged ‘vw tuning’
Achtuning is pleased to announce a 10% Holiday discount on AWE Tuning exhaust systems now through January 4th, 2016! Click the image above to begin shopping online or contact our sales team by calling 425-895-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org! The most popular Audi, BMW, and Volkswagen applications are IN STOCK, ready to ship!!
No Comments »
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving! Achtuning will be closed on Thanksgiving day and through the weekend, reopening with business as usual on Monday, November 30th. Take advantage of sale pricing throughout the Holidays by shopping online!
No Comments »
Someone just dropped some serious cash to have us upgrade the performance characteristics of their 2013 DSG-equipped VW (Mk6) GTI. The pile of parts contribute to a 133 HP / 143 TQ gain over stock and include an APR K04 turbo kit, APR cast down-pipe, Carbonio carbon fiber intake, APR intercooler, Neuspeed Hi-Flo turbo discharge pipe, Neuspeed Hi-Flo air charge pipe, and Stern rear subframe brace to compliment a previously installed set of H&R ultralow coilovers.
… But even with the hood up you’d be hard pressed to find any of these upgrades, a total sleeper!
No Comments »
APR is pleased to present the ultimate fully adjustable Short Shifter System for the 6 speed manual transmission!
The APR Short Shifter System is a comprehensive upgrade to the factory gear shifter assembly and is designed to reduces shifter movement, in all directions, while simultaneously improving shift quality. The system provides fine tuning of front-to-back and side-to-side movements to shorten shifts, counterweight adjustments for enhanced shift quality, and upgrades the weak points of the factory setup to provide years of worry free use. The upgrade is simple, easy to install, easy to adjust, and leaves the driver spending less time shifting and more time accelerating to victory. To APR’s engineers, it’s the ultimate solution, but to the driver, it just works!
Fully adjustable front-to-back movement
A slotted adjustment track on the shifter lever allows for precise adjustment of the shifter’s forward and backwards travel distance.
Fully adjustable side-to-side movement
A slotted adjustment track on the relay lever allows for precise adjustment of the shifter’s side to side travel distance.
Three stackable counterweights allow the driver to change the overall feel of the system to his or her own preference liking.
Stainless steel spline insert
The unique interlocking stainless steel insert prevents the input spline from wearing out over time. On cast and billet aluminum systems, wear of this part is common, which leads to sloppy shifts, component failure and potentially damage to the transmission.
Billet relay lever
The CNC-machined, thick billet aluminum relay lever is responsible for side-to-side movement and adjustment. This piece replaces the thin, flexible, stamped metal or plastic factory pieces.
Billet shift lever
The CNC-machined, thick billet aluminum shifter lever is responsible for front-to-back movement and adjustment. This component houses the counterbalance weights and replaces the factory cast, spline-wear-prone, piece.
Easy to adjust
Adjustment is as simple as loosening and tightening the pegs or adding more weights. No disassembly required!
Easy to install
The system mimics the factory shape making install simple and relatively easy.
All necessary hardware
The system includes new friction material, clips, locking nuts and stainless steel bolts and pegs. It’s a complete upgrade and complements the APR Shifter Cable Bracket.
The APR Adjustable Short Shifter system is sold as a complete system, or both pieces can be purchased separately. The system is designed to work with transverse 6 speed manual transmissions, commonly designated as the MQ350, O2M or O2Q. These transmission are found on nearly all MK5, MK6 and MK7 platform Golf/GTI/R/Jetta/GLI, MK2/MK3 A3/S3/TT, Octavia, Leon, Cupra, Scirocco and similar vehicles equipped with the the 1.8T, 2.0T, 2.0 TDI and 3.2L VR6 engines.
Full System – Shifter Lever and Shifter Relay
$249.99 US Retail
Shifter Lever Assembly Only
$179.99 US Retail
Shifter Relay Assembly Only
$99.99 US Retail
Achtuning already has a stocking order in place. To pre-order with us and ensure availability, contact our sales team right away to place an order – call 425-895-0000 or email email@example.com
No Comments »
We’ve just upgraded the turbo on the Achtuning VW (Mk7) GTI. On the left is the IS38 Golf R/S3 turbo which is a direct drop in replacement for the IS20 GTI/Audi A3 turbo you see on the right, and good for an APR claimed 337 WHP and 360 WTQ on their 91-octane tune!
No Comments »
Enhanced No-Load Bias Ratio via its Wave Design Center Pack
One of the known shortcomings of a typical torque biasing differential is its loss of drive (behaving much like an open diff) under zero or near-zero torque conditions (for example, when there is ‘no-load’ applied through the drive-train, either at vehicle stationary and/or transition from engine driving vehicle to engine braking and back).
The Wavetrac® differential uses a patent pending design to improve grip in low traction conditions. Precisely engineered, converging / diverging wave profiles are placed on one side gear and its mating preload hub. As the two side gears rotate relative to each other, each wave surface climbs the other, causing them to move apart. This imparts an increased normal force through the side gears, increasing the bias ratio as a function of load. This increase occurs automatically only when conditions find it necessary, and it ‘reverts’ back to its nominal bias ratio quickly and seamlessly, maintaining optimal drive-ability and performance at all times. It’s like having two differentials in one: you get the benefit of a higher bias ratio when needed without detriment to the car’s handling.
Interchangeable Friction Plates Provide Controlled Bias
Here’s something else you won’t find in any other design:
The Wavetrac® diff’s behavior can be altered in the field to suit your needs. It comes standard with carbon-fiber bias plates for the best all around performance. Interchangeable plates using materials with different friction coefficients to fine-tune the bias ratio are sold separately.
These friction plates provide a mechanism to tune the response of the differential as a function of applied torque load. The applied torque load manifests itself as an axial load from the differential pinions into the housing. This axial force is then considered a normal force into the friction plate, and as a function of the effective coefficient of friction, will provide a resistive torque to the rotational motion of the differential pinions. The resistive torque will add to the resistance of relative rotation of all components within the differential. The resistive force, however, is non-uniform since it is a function of the axial load from the differential pinions. The unbalance of the resistive torque will manifest as non-uniform energy absorption within the differential causing a bias ratio.
Superior Design, Materials, and Construction
Designed from a clean sheet, the new Wavetrac® Differential brings current gear technology to the market. Internally, its gear tooth forms are optimized for strength and improved oil film retention over competitive designs. Our gear package is smaller, reducing overall mass, yet is more durable. Attention was also paid to the side gear/axle interface, putting as much material thickness as possible in this critical area – most important when power levels get high.
Each Wavetrac® Differential is crafted from the highest quality materials available. The internal gears are made from high strength 9310 alloy steel. The diff bodies are machined from case hardened steel billet. To complete the package, every Wavetrac® differential is built exclusively using high quality, high strength fasteners from ARP®, the world leader in fastener technology.
No Comments »
This is an open invitation for our DIYers out there: We offer FREE oil recycling at Achtuning! Help protect the environment and conserve valuable resources by dropping off your used oil at Achtuning during business hours! (9am to 6pm, Monday through Friday) Check-in at the service desk and our staff will let you know where you can unload your oil.
No Comments »
APR is pleased to present the OEM Golf R/S3 IS38 Turbocharger ECU upgrade for VW GTI and Audi A3 (MQB) platform vehicles!
APR’s IS38 Turbocharger ECU Upgrade is designed for use with the factory Golf R / S3 turbo on VW GTI & Audi A3 (MQB) platform vehicles and produces an asphalt shedding 386 HP on 93 octane fuel, and over 400 HP using APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades! It’s even compatible with the factory downpipe exhaust system at lower output levels. Expect lightning fast response coupled with smooth daily driving and a much broader power band that pulls all the way to redline!
Using multiple vehicles across the world and in house, APR’s team of Calibration and Electrical Engineers spent the better part of a year mastering the factory Simos 18 engine management system to work seamlessly with the upgraded IS38 turbocharger unit. All critical aspects of the vehicle’s platform were taken into consideration and monitored through APR’s proprietary engine management logging tools to levels often not seen elsewhere in this industry. Through proper mapping, the ECU fully understands the hardware changes and operates correctly. As such torque delivery is smooth and flat, avoiding compressor surge, limitations in the factory fueling system, and limiting stress on the factory transmission. Cam phasing and valve lift operations are optimized, aiding in turbocharger spool, while allowing the engine to breathe more efficiently at higher engine speeds. Under various operational modes, lambda, ignition advance, requested torque, boost pressure levels and more were painstakingly optimized to produce maximum power without resorting to risky calibration shortcuts.
To APR’s Engineers, this is the ultimate pursuit of performance without compromise. To the driver, it just works! IS38 turbochargers are in stock at Achtuning. The VW (Mk7) GTI and Audi (8V) A3 categories of our online store will be updated shortly to include this turbo upgrade.
With OEM Downpipe
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – 91 AKI / 95 RON
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – 93 AKI / 98 RON
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – 100 AKI / 108 RON
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – Ethanol
* APR recommends and tunes with Sunoco GT 260 for 100 AKI mode and Sunoco GT 260 Plus for 104 AKI mode. Never use lower octane than specified by the mode.
* Ethanol software REQUIRES APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades.
* Max increases are based on APR’s actual measured stock values and not those reported by VAG. | RON = ROW Fuel Grades | AKI = NAR North American (RON+MON)/2 Fuel Grades.
* Reported wheel figures measured using APR’s in-house Dynapack Dynamometer with a US Spec MK7 GTI with factory IS38 turbocharger, APR Cast Downpipe, APR Intake System and APR Intercooler, using SAEJ1349 correction and an average of multiple runs. Crank figures are estimated based on the measured wheel figures. Results may vary depending upon environmental conditions, vehicle, transmission, vehicle health, operating conditions, temperatures, fuel grade, dyno type, dyno setup, other variables and other modifications.
* Race Fuel Information: Higher octane fuel typically allows APR’s engineers to create more power and torque by achieving greater ignition advance. However, on this application, APR’s engineers were able to achieve MBT, or minimum spark timing for best torque, on 93 AKI fuel with the APR downpipe. MBT is essentially the point where greater ignition advance no longer results in more power and torque. By using APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades and Ethanol fuel, greater peak power was achieved due to the fuel’s highly oxygenated nature.
Requirements and Recommendations
APR’s IS38 Turbocharger ECU Upgrade is sold as software only. The factory turbocharger necessary for this upgrade is in stock at Achtuning.
- Turbocharger – An unmodified, OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger is required. APR recommends using the latest factory revision (06K145722H as of Oct 20th, 2015) with APR’s Turbo Muffler Delete and recommends replacing factory one time use nuts, bolts, gaskets, and crush washers.
- Intake – The APR Carbon Fiber Intake System is highly recommended. This setup is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures.
- Exhaust – Upgrading the factory downpipe is required for the higher output downpipe software. APR highly recommends using the APR Cast Downpipe System as this system is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures. The factory catback exhaust does not need to be modified.
- Intercooler – Upgrading the factory intercooler is highly recommended. APR recommends using the upcoming APR Intercooler system. This setup is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures consistently.
- Ethanol Support: – APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades are required to run Ethanol calibrations. No fueling upgrades are required for conventional gasoline.
- Spark Plugs – Upgrading the spark plugs with Denso Iridium IKH24, gapped to 0.024″ ±0.002″ or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km is required for engine longevity and safety.
- Transmission – APR recommends the APR IS38 TCU Upgrade for maximum performance on DSG / S Tronic models. A clutch upgrade may be necessary on manual transmission vehicles.
- Oil, Coolant and Lubrication – APR recommends using Motul oils, coolants and lubricants with APR’s Oil Catch Can System.
- Audi A3 – MK3 / Typ 8V
- Volkswagen Golf GTI – MK7 / Typ 5G
All transmissions, drivetrains, and markets supported.
- $699.99: APR IS38 Turbo ECU Upgrade – Existing APR ECU Upgrade Customer OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger (See Requirements and Recommendations Above)
- $999.99: APR IS38 Turbo ECU Upgrade – New Customer OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger (See Requirements and Recommendations Above) $999.99
IMPORTANT PRICING AND AVAILABILITY DETAILS:
- – No price difference between factory downpipe compatible software and APR downpipe compatible software.
- – Availability and ECU Compatibility: Stages, programs, and features may not be available for all ECUs.
- – ECU Revision Notice: Multiple ECU revisions exist for each platform. APR software may be temporarily unavailable when factory updates are applied. Achtuning can check availability in person, or over the phone if the ECU boxcode/revision is known.
No Comments »
Achtuning is pleased to announce the APR turbocharger upgrade path just got a little easier for our loyal APR customers. Starting today, if you’ve purchased an APR ECU Upgrade and want to upgrade to one of APR’s Stage III or K04 turbocharger systems on FSI, TSI and TFSI engines, you can take advantage of fantastic savings! APR has also lowered their standard pricing on select systems as well. It’s their way of saying “thank you” for enjoying their ECU Upgrades before stepping up to the big leagues!
To see the savings, head on over to our product pages and take a look at the new pricing tiers. APR customers can take $300 off K04 Turbocharger Systems, and $500 off Stage III Turbocharger Systems! Additionally, APR’s $149 “fully loaded” EMCS Program Switching can be added for free!
APR’s new loyalty pricing is as follows:
- $2,299.99 – Save $300! – APR K04 Turbo System (Trans EA113/EA888 Gen 2)
- $2,399.99 – Save $300! – APR K04 Turbo System w/ 3Bar Map (Trans EA888 Gen 1)
- $2,999.99 – Save $300! – APR K04 Turbo System (B7/B8/B8.5 A4/A5)
- $4,999.99 – Save $500! – APR Stage III GTX2867R Turbo System (EA888 Gen 1)
- $5,999.99 – Save $500! – APR Stage III GTX2867R Turbo System (EA113)
- $9,499.99 – Save $500! – APR Stage III GTX3576R Turbo System (TT RS)
- Free – Save $149 – APR “Fully Loaded” EMCS Program Switching Upgrade
No Comments »
Achtuning is pleased to present APR’s engine control unit (ECU) upgrade for the 1.8T EA888 Gen 3 engine. APR’s ECU upgrade is available in octane-specific variations and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s factory ECU through the OBD-II port without any physical modification to the factory ECU.
The ECU’s Simos 12 and new Simos 18 engine management system is responsible for proper operation of the engine during constantly changing environmental and load conditions. With built in compensational data for environmental variables and varying load conditions, the factory ECU is far more complex and intelligent than units found in other vehicle makes and marques.
APR’s Calibration Engineers spent months calibrating the engine management system, including many hours of chassis dyno development. With a thorough understanding of the ECU’s torque structure, APR’s Calibration Engineers properly increased engine load to produce more power and torque across the entire power band. APR’s ECU Upgrade increases boost pressure, optimizes ignition timing, cam timing, lambda and more to produce higher output!
APR’s ECU Upgrades provides an excellent leap in horsepower and torque while retaining OEM knock control sensitivity and other built in safety features. This results in an exciting and powerful upgrade, optimized for various fuel grades found around the world.
APR Stage I ECU Upgrade
The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade is designed to work without requiring other changes to the vehicle’s hardware. With the ECU Upgrade alone, APR’s Calibration Experts measured higher peak figures of 293 ft-lbs of torque and 242 horsepower with 93 AKI octane fuel. Large gains were seen throughout the power band, including an additional 99 ft-lbs of torque and 68 horsepower. The increase in power directly translates to an exceptionally quicker vehicle. Using advanced GPS measuring devices, APR’s engineers conducted several acceleration tests. During the 100-200 KPH sprint, the APR Stage I equipped vehicle crossed the finish line 9.845 seconds quicker, resulting in an outstanding 35% improvement!
Beyond horsepower and torque enhancements, APR’s Calibration Engineers were able to increase the acceleration rate of the vehicle through other calibrations changes. Ignition delay is reduced resulting in a more responsive pedal without altering overall throttle sensitivity. Furthermore, throttle lag commonly noticed at slow speeds and while reapplying throttle has been reduced.
APR’s Calibration Engineers paid close attention to several parameters directly related to fuel economy, especially while cruising at highway speeds. Depending on driving style and fuel quality, better miles per gallon may be achieved.
APR’s ECU upgrade increases the vehicle’s top speed limiter for blistering sprints around the track or across the Autobahn without the speed limiter shutting down the fun.
Left Foot Braking / Brake Boosting:
APR’s Left Foot Braking feature allows more control over the vehicle’s throttle. The factory equipped vehicle’s throttle input is disabled while pressing the accelerator and brake at the same time. Left Foot Braking, a common motorsport driving technique, allows the driver complete control over the vehicle’s throttle and braking system, which may give the vehicle the edge it needs at the track.
To view other power charts, please click the links below
Quarter Mile Testing!
The APR Development Difference
APR DirectPort Programming:
APR’s DirectPort Programming is now available! Any APR Dealer in the world, connected to the Internet, has direct access to APR’s latest ECU upgrades for loading directly over the vehicle’s OBD-II port. This completely eliminates the need to remove and open the ECU for currently available files and can be uninstalled at any time without a trace!
APR ECU Explorer:
APR’s proprietary ECU Explorer gives APR’s Calibration Engineers unparalleled access to the vehicle’s entire engine management system. Typical commercially available data logging tools, used by most tuners, only allow logging up to 12 engine-operating variables at extremely low data rates. These tools are also limited to a small, specific list of variables. APR’s ECU Explorer is capable of logging every variable found within the ECU with far more variables logged at once, at very high data rates.
APR ECU Composer:
APR’s proprietary ECU Composer is used for altering the engine management system. With full access to every table, map and variable within the ECU, APR’s Calibration Engineers are not limited to a handful of maps as is common for most tuning companies.
APR ECU Assembly:
APR’s Electrical Engineers have the ability to alter the code structure of the ECU. Through code levels changes, APR’s Engineers are able to add features to the ECU. Other changes allow higher torque limits than those achievable through only modifying calibration data or using piggyback devices as is the case for many tuners. This allows APR’s engineers to often not require transmission software to meet or exceed advertised gains. On the highly modified end, this often allows APR to make turbo upgrades operate without the need for external manual controllers.
Year – Engine – Engine Codes – Transmissions
2013.5+ – VW Jetta – Manual & Tiptronic – Both Simos 12 and 18 ECUs now supported!
2013.5+ – VW Beetle – Manual & Tiptronic – Both Simos 12 and 18 ECUs now supported!
2013.5+ – VW Passat – Manual & Tiptronic – Both Simos 12 and 18 ECUs now supported!
Stage 1 – $599.00
Upgrade to Stage 2 – Add $149.00 (In development)
Upgrade to Stage 2 (With purchase of an APR Downpipe) – No charge (In development)
– All stages may not be available for all vehicles.
– Pricing applicable to the USA only. If outside of the USA, please contact an APR Dealer and Importer for pricing.
– Please note vehicle manufacturers issue many ECU part numbers and revisions throughout their vehicle lineup. As such, some ECUs may be temporarily unavailable as new parts and/or revisions are released. If the vehicle’s ECU part number and revision is known, availability can be checked at any APR Dealer.
– Stage II pricing only applies to customers who have purchased an APR ECU Upgrade after February 16th, 2015.
How to Purchase
No need to schedule an appointment. Stop by at Achtuning between 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday. Please note vehicle manufacturers issue many ECU part numbers and revisions throughout their vehicle lineup. As such, some ECUs may be temporarily unavailable as new parts and/or revisions are released. If the vehicle’s ECU part number and revision is known, availability can be checked at Achtuning.
Security, Warranty and Money Back Guarantee
30 Day Money Back Guarantee:
All APR ECU Upgrades include a 30-day money back guarantee with no questions asked. If for any reason the owners is dissatisfied with the APR ECU Upgrade, they may return to Achtuning for a full refund, provided they are within the 30 day period from the time of the initial purchase. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the guarantee.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
All APR ECU Upgrades include a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software, and to provide free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty and are at the discretion of the place of install.
No Comments »