Posts Tagged ‘audi tuning’
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving! Achtuning will be closed on Thanksgiving day and through the weekend, reopening with business as usual on Monday, November 30th. Take advantage of sale pricing throughout the Holidays by shopping online!
No Comments »
Achtuning is pleased to announce a 10% Holiday discount on AWE Tuning exhaust systems now through January 4th, 2016! Click the image above to begin shopping online or contact our sales team by calling 425-895-0000 or email email@example.com! The most popular Audi, BMW, and Volkswagen applications are IN STOCK, ready to ship!!
No Comments »
APR is pleased to present the ultimate fully adjustable Short Shifter System for the 6 speed manual transmission!
The APR Short Shifter System is a comprehensive upgrade to the factory gear shifter assembly and is designed to reduces shifter movement, in all directions, while simultaneously improving shift quality. The system provides fine tuning of front-to-back and side-to-side movements to shorten shifts, counterweight adjustments for enhanced shift quality, and upgrades the weak points of the factory setup to provide years of worry free use. The upgrade is simple, easy to install, easy to adjust, and leaves the driver spending less time shifting and more time accelerating to victory. To APR’s engineers, it’s the ultimate solution, but to the driver, it just works!
Fully adjustable front-to-back movement
A slotted adjustment track on the shifter lever allows for precise adjustment of the shifter’s forward and backwards travel distance.
Fully adjustable side-to-side movement
A slotted adjustment track on the relay lever allows for precise adjustment of the shifter’s side to side travel distance.
Three stackable counterweights allow the driver to change the overall feel of the system to his or her own preference liking.
Stainless steel spline insert
The unique interlocking stainless steel insert prevents the input spline from wearing out over time. On cast and billet aluminum systems, wear of this part is common, which leads to sloppy shifts, component failure and potentially damage to the transmission.
Billet relay lever
The CNC-machined, thick billet aluminum relay lever is responsible for side-to-side movement and adjustment. This piece replaces the thin, flexible, stamped metal or plastic factory pieces.
Billet shift lever
The CNC-machined, thick billet aluminum shifter lever is responsible for front-to-back movement and adjustment. This component houses the counterbalance weights and replaces the factory cast, spline-wear-prone, piece.
Easy to adjust
Adjustment is as simple as loosening and tightening the pegs or adding more weights. No disassembly required!
Easy to install
The system mimics the factory shape making install simple and relatively easy.
All necessary hardware
The system includes new friction material, clips, locking nuts and stainless steel bolts and pegs. It’s a complete upgrade and complements the APR Shifter Cable Bracket.
The APR Adjustable Short Shifter system is sold as a complete system, or both pieces can be purchased separately. The system is designed to work with transverse 6 speed manual transmissions, commonly designated as the MQ350, O2M or O2Q. These transmission are found on nearly all MK5, MK6 and MK7 platform Golf/GTI/R/Jetta/GLI, MK2/MK3 A3/S3/TT, Octavia, Leon, Cupra, Scirocco and similar vehicles equipped with the the 1.8T, 2.0T, 2.0 TDI and 3.2L VR6 engines.
Full System – Shifter Lever and Shifter Relay
$249.99 US Retail
Shifter Lever Assembly Only
$179.99 US Retail
Shifter Relay Assembly Only
$99.99 US Retail
Achtuning already has a stocking order in place. To pre-order with us and ensure availability, contact our sales team right away to place an order – call 425-895-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No Comments »
Enhanced No-Load Bias Ratio via its Wave Design Center Pack
One of the known shortcomings of a typical torque biasing differential is its loss of drive (behaving much like an open diff) under zero or near-zero torque conditions (for example, when there is ‘no-load’ applied through the drive-train, either at vehicle stationary and/or transition from engine driving vehicle to engine braking and back).
The Wavetrac® differential uses a patent pending design to improve grip in low traction conditions. Precisely engineered, converging / diverging wave profiles are placed on one side gear and its mating preload hub. As the two side gears rotate relative to each other, each wave surface climbs the other, causing them to move apart. This imparts an increased normal force through the side gears, increasing the bias ratio as a function of load. This increase occurs automatically only when conditions find it necessary, and it ‘reverts’ back to its nominal bias ratio quickly and seamlessly, maintaining optimal drive-ability and performance at all times. It’s like having two differentials in one: you get the benefit of a higher bias ratio when needed without detriment to the car’s handling.
Interchangeable Friction Plates Provide Controlled Bias
Here’s something else you won’t find in any other design:
The Wavetrac® diff’s behavior can be altered in the field to suit your needs. It comes standard with carbon-fiber bias plates for the best all around performance. Interchangeable plates using materials with different friction coefficients to fine-tune the bias ratio are sold separately.
These friction plates provide a mechanism to tune the response of the differential as a function of applied torque load. The applied torque load manifests itself as an axial load from the differential pinions into the housing. This axial force is then considered a normal force into the friction plate, and as a function of the effective coefficient of friction, will provide a resistive torque to the rotational motion of the differential pinions. The resistive torque will add to the resistance of relative rotation of all components within the differential. The resistive force, however, is non-uniform since it is a function of the axial load from the differential pinions. The unbalance of the resistive torque will manifest as non-uniform energy absorption within the differential causing a bias ratio.
Superior Design, Materials, and Construction
Designed from a clean sheet, the new Wavetrac® Differential brings current gear technology to the market. Internally, its gear tooth forms are optimized for strength and improved oil film retention over competitive designs. Our gear package is smaller, reducing overall mass, yet is more durable. Attention was also paid to the side gear/axle interface, putting as much material thickness as possible in this critical area – most important when power levels get high.
Each Wavetrac® Differential is crafted from the highest quality materials available. The internal gears are made from high strength 9310 alloy steel. The diff bodies are machined from case hardened steel billet. To complete the package, every Wavetrac® differential is built exclusively using high quality, high strength fasteners from ARP®, the world leader in fastener technology.
No Comments »
This is an open invitation for our DIYers out there: We offer FREE oil recycling at Achtuning! Help protect the environment and conserve valuable resources by dropping off your used oil at Achtuning during business hours! (9am to 6pm, Monday through Friday) Check-in at the service desk and our staff will let you know where you can unload your oil.
No Comments »
APR is pleased to present the OEM Golf R/S3 IS38 Turbocharger ECU upgrade for VW GTI and Audi A3 (MQB) platform vehicles!
APR’s IS38 Turbocharger ECU Upgrade is designed for use with the factory Golf R / S3 turbo on VW GTI & Audi A3 (MQB) platform vehicles and produces an asphalt shedding 386 HP on 93 octane fuel, and over 400 HP using APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades! It’s even compatible with the factory downpipe exhaust system at lower output levels. Expect lightning fast response coupled with smooth daily driving and a much broader power band that pulls all the way to redline!
Using multiple vehicles across the world and in house, APR’s team of Calibration and Electrical Engineers spent the better part of a year mastering the factory Simos 18 engine management system to work seamlessly with the upgraded IS38 turbocharger unit. All critical aspects of the vehicle’s platform were taken into consideration and monitored through APR’s proprietary engine management logging tools to levels often not seen elsewhere in this industry. Through proper mapping, the ECU fully understands the hardware changes and operates correctly. As such torque delivery is smooth and flat, avoiding compressor surge, limitations in the factory fueling system, and limiting stress on the factory transmission. Cam phasing and valve lift operations are optimized, aiding in turbocharger spool, while allowing the engine to breathe more efficiently at higher engine speeds. Under various operational modes, lambda, ignition advance, requested torque, boost pressure levels and more were painstakingly optimized to produce maximum power without resorting to risky calibration shortcuts.
To APR’s Engineers, this is the ultimate pursuit of performance without compromise. To the driver, it just works! IS38 turbochargers are in stock at Achtuning. The VW (Mk7) GTI and Audi (8V) A3 categories of our online store will be updated shortly to include this turbo upgrade.
With OEM Downpipe
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – 91 AKI / 95 RON
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – 93 AKI / 98 RON
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – 100 AKI / 108 RON
Wheel | Crank | Gain over Stock – Ethanol
* APR recommends and tunes with Sunoco GT 260 for 100 AKI mode and Sunoco GT 260 Plus for 104 AKI mode. Never use lower octane than specified by the mode.
* Ethanol software REQUIRES APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades.
* Max increases are based on APR’s actual measured stock values and not those reported by VAG. | RON = ROW Fuel Grades | AKI = NAR North American (RON+MON)/2 Fuel Grades.
* Reported wheel figures measured using APR’s in-house Dynapack Dynamometer with a US Spec MK7 GTI with factory IS38 turbocharger, APR Cast Downpipe, APR Intake System and APR Intercooler, using SAEJ1349 correction and an average of multiple runs. Crank figures are estimated based on the measured wheel figures. Results may vary depending upon environmental conditions, vehicle, transmission, vehicle health, operating conditions, temperatures, fuel grade, dyno type, dyno setup, other variables and other modifications.
* Race Fuel Information: Higher octane fuel typically allows APR’s engineers to create more power and torque by achieving greater ignition advance. However, on this application, APR’s engineers were able to achieve MBT, or minimum spark timing for best torque, on 93 AKI fuel with the APR downpipe. MBT is essentially the point where greater ignition advance no longer results in more power and torque. By using APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades and Ethanol fuel, greater peak power was achieved due to the fuel’s highly oxygenated nature.
Requirements and Recommendations
APR’s IS38 Turbocharger ECU Upgrade is sold as software only. The factory turbocharger necessary for this upgrade is in stock at Achtuning.
- Turbocharger – An unmodified, OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger is required. APR recommends using the latest factory revision (06K145722H as of Oct 20th, 2015) with APR’s Turbo Muffler Delete and recommends replacing factory one time use nuts, bolts, gaskets, and crush washers.
- Intake – The APR Carbon Fiber Intake System is highly recommended. This setup is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures.
- Exhaust – Upgrading the factory downpipe is required for the higher output downpipe software. APR highly recommends using the APR Cast Downpipe System as this system is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures. The factory catback exhaust does not need to be modified.
- Intercooler – Upgrading the factory intercooler is highly recommended. APR recommends using the upcoming APR Intercooler system. This setup is necessary to achieve the advertised power figures consistently.
- Ethanol Support: – APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades are required to run Ethanol calibrations. No fueling upgrades are required for conventional gasoline.
- Spark Plugs – Upgrading the spark plugs with Denso Iridium IKH24, gapped to 0.024″ ±0.002″ or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km is required for engine longevity and safety.
- Transmission – APR recommends the APR IS38 TCU Upgrade for maximum performance on DSG / S Tronic models. A clutch upgrade may be necessary on manual transmission vehicles.
- Oil, Coolant and Lubrication – APR recommends using Motul oils, coolants and lubricants with APR’s Oil Catch Can System.
- Audi A3 – MK3 / Typ 8V
- Volkswagen Golf GTI – MK7 / Typ 5G
All transmissions, drivetrains, and markets supported.
- $699.99: APR IS38 Turbo ECU Upgrade – Existing APR ECU Upgrade Customer OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger (See Requirements and Recommendations Above)
- $999.99: APR IS38 Turbo ECU Upgrade – New Customer OEM IHI IS38 Turbocharger (See Requirements and Recommendations Above) $999.99
IMPORTANT PRICING AND AVAILABILITY DETAILS:
- – No price difference between factory downpipe compatible software and APR downpipe compatible software.
- – Availability and ECU Compatibility: Stages, programs, and features may not be available for all ECUs.
- – ECU Revision Notice: Multiple ECU revisions exist for each platform. APR software may be temporarily unavailable when factory updates are applied. Achtuning can check availability in person, or over the phone if the ECU boxcode/revision is known.
No Comments »
APR is pleased to announce version 1.1 is now available for the Audi (C7.5) facelifted RS7! This free update to APR customers delivers more power and torque through the power band, offering up to 667 HP and 709 FT-LBS of torque on 93 octane fuel and up to 722 HP and 849 FT-LBS on race fuel!
No appointment necessary. Just roll through between 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday!
No Comments »
Achtuning is pleased to announce the APR turbocharger upgrade path just got a little easier for our loyal APR customers. Starting today, if you’ve purchased an APR ECU Upgrade and want to upgrade to one of APR’s Stage III or K04 turbocharger systems on FSI, TSI and TFSI engines, you can take advantage of fantastic savings! APR has also lowered their standard pricing on select systems as well. It’s their way of saying “thank you” for enjoying their ECU Upgrades before stepping up to the big leagues!
To see the savings, head on over to our product pages and take a look at the new pricing tiers. APR customers can take $300 off K04 Turbocharger Systems, and $500 off Stage III Turbocharger Systems! Additionally, APR’s $149 “fully loaded” EMCS Program Switching can be added for free!
APR’s new loyalty pricing is as follows:
- $2,299.99 – Save $300! – APR K04 Turbo System (Trans EA113/EA888 Gen 2)
- $2,399.99 – Save $300! – APR K04 Turbo System w/ 3Bar Map (Trans EA888 Gen 1)
- $2,999.99 – Save $300! – APR K04 Turbo System (B7/B8/B8.5 A4/A5)
- $4,999.99 – Save $500! – APR Stage III GTX2867R Turbo System (EA888 Gen 1)
- $5,999.99 – Save $500! – APR Stage III GTX2867R Turbo System (EA113)
- $9,499.99 – Save $500! – APR Stage III GTX3576R Turbo System (TT RS)
- Free – Save $149 – APR “Fully Loaded” EMCS Program Switching Upgrade
No Comments »
Presenting the Audi A3 2.0T Exhaust Suite, by AWE Tuning.
Refined sound, impressive performance, and flattering presentation. Now unlocking the true, unsuppressed attitude of the Audi A3 2.0T:
- Engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- 200 Cell High Flow EURO 6 compliant HJS Catalyst on downpipe
- 3” CNC mandrel bent system
- AWE Tuning Non-Resonated Downpipe available
- Max gains of 26 hp and 24 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- 90mm double walled adjustable tips, available in Chrome Silver or Diamond Black
- Hand crafted from T304 stainless steel
- No Check Engine Light – Guaranteed
- Perfect Fitment – Guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
The AWE Tuning A3 Exhaust Suite is comprised of two major components: the Touring Edition Exhaust and the Non-Resonated Performance Downpipe. Both fabricated by hand in-house at AWE Tuning using quality U.S. sourced T304 Stainless Steel, crafted to unlock legendary AWE Tuning performance and tone.
AWE Tuning A3 2.0T Exhaust Suite Options
The Touring Edition Exhaust
Engineered to perfection, appeasing any urge to be heard. The Touring Edition Exhaust is painstakingly designed to give your A3 2.0T a more aggressive, yet comfortable tone that suits the luxury compact’s personality perfectly. Looking for more volume? Read on…
Performance Downpipe, Non-Resonated
To awaken the tone and increase output of the A3 2.0T even further, add the AWE Tuning Non-Resonated Performance Downpipe.
- AWE Tuning No Check Engine Light Guarantee (even without software!)
- AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee
- AWE Tuning Lifetime Warranty (one year on the catalyst).
- A unique flex-pipe section to isolate engine movement
Individual or Altogether
The Touring Edition Exhaust is available independently, or with the Non-Resonated Performance Downpipe as a package.
Not sure if you want the downpipe yet? Not a problem. You have one year from the purchase date of your exhaust to add the downpipe at the package price.
AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust + AWE Tuning Non-Resonated Performance Downpipe
AWE Tuning Audi 8V A3 2.0T Touring Edition Exhaust
Order NOW by contacting the Achtuning sales team. Either email email@example.com or call 425-895-0000.
No Comments »
Achtuning is pleased to present APR’s ultimate engine control unit (ECU) upgrade for the Audi (C7.5) S6 and S7 4.0 TFSI V8. APR’s ECU upgrade is available in octane-specific variations, including and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s factory ECU through the OBD-II port without any physical modification to the factory ECU. APR’s EMCS functionality puts the control of the engine’s operation at your fingertips and allows for additional features and options to be installed to the OEM ECU.
The ECU’s MED 17 engine management system is responsible for proper operation of the engine during constantly changing environmental and load conditions. With built in compensational data for environmental variables and varying load conditions, the factory ECU is far more complex and intelligent than units found in other vehicle makes and marques.
APR’s Calibration Engineers spent months calibrating the engine management system, including many hours of chassis dyno development. With a thorough understanding of the ECU’s torque structure, APR’s Calibration Engineers properly increased engine load to produce more power and torque across the entire power band. APR’s ECU Upgrade increases boost pressure, optimizes ignition timing, cam timing, lambda and more to produce higher output!
APR’s ECU Upgrades provides an excellent leap in horsepower and torque while retaining OEM knock control sensitivity and other built in safety features. This results in an exciting and powerful upgrade, optimized for various fuel grades found around the world!
The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade gives you higher peak numbers of 574 HP/638 FT-LBS on 93 (R+M)/2 octane and up to 597 HP/668 FT-LBS on 100 (R+M)/2 octane race fuel! As much as 186 HP and 243 FT-LBS of torque are available through the power band! APR’s latest ECU Upgrade is fully loaded with APR’s EMCS Program Switching and is compatible with APR Mobile.
Audi C7.5 S6 and S7 4.0 TFSI.
$1,499.99 – Fully loaded.
No Comments »