Posts Tagged ‘a5 tuning’
No Comments »
We are proud to announce the arrival of a performance intake from our performance partners at APR – Carbonio’s latest carbon fiber intake for the 4.2L FSI V8, 3.2L FSI V6 and 3.0 TDI!! This intake features a ram air design that completely separates the intake filter from the engine bay. Building from years of experience on and off the race track, Carbonio’s and APR’s engineering teams have spent countless hours developing a true cold air and ram air carbon fiber design that can be recreated affordably for the street performance enthusiast.
Non Collapsible Design:
During APR’s S5 4.2L FSI V8 Stage III Supercharger development, APR’s Engineering Teams quickly realized the factory intake system was not suitable for the significantly increased demands set by the APR Supercharger unit. The factory rubber intake plenum would collapse under boost and rob the engine of precious airflow. In some cases, the factory rubber intake plenum would completely detach and seal off the intake system! Thankfully APR’s Carbonio intake system does not suffer this design characteristic making this intake system suitable for even the most demanding horsepower requirements!
Smooth and Direct Air Flow:
The OEM intake system vents some of the incoming air into the engine bay and takes several twists and turns before the air ever reaches the engine. The Carbonio intake system simplifies the intake system by directing all incoming air directly at the filter. This allows for faster throttle response and increased torque at all RPM’s.
Benefits of the Carbonio CAI System include:
* Increased Horsepower and Torque
* Improved Throttle Response
* Improved Fuel Economy
* Enhanced Engine Volumetric Efficiency
* Enhanced Sound of the Engine
* Installs in an Hour (does not require bumper or headlight removal)
* Removes OEM intake snorkel which can collapse under boost (On Forced Induction Setups)
* Maintains Clean Appearance by Retaining Factory Engine Covers
* Maintains All Factory Emissions Components
* Fits Both Manual and Automatic Transmissions
* Fully Compatible and Complimentary, with APR Software, Exhaust Systems and Supercharger Systems
* Maintains the Thermostatically Controlled OEM Flap Valve Assembly from the Factory Air box
No Comments »